BLOG#4 -Your PLN and Inclusion

• How diverse is your existing PLN?
  • In your PLN, are you learning from a variety of voices or are you the loudest in the room?
  • Do you participate in a silo of information sharing (similar themes or wide-range of interests)?
  • How can you use a diverse PLN to broaden your views of inclusion?
  • What is the learning outcome of your PLN and how are you ensuring your exposure to diversity and inclusion?
  • How has your thinking about inclusion and PLN evolved after reviewing the videos and readings?

My current PLN contains a diverse composition. People of different ages, nationalities, and backgrounds are speaking out for the discussion. Different cultures and regions make everyone’s speech and opinions more interesting. The same interest allows everyone to collaborate and build stronger relationships. Everyone’s interaction and participation as learners are reflected in PLN.

In my PLN, I will choose to learn from various voices. I will express my opinion after listening to other people’s voices. This helps me think and learn more comprehensively. The opinions of other people also allow me to learn more. Rather than being a leader, I think it’s a good choice to integrate into the crowd and accumulate experience. When I understand more and become more confident, I might become the loudest in the room.

Yes, I participate in a silo of information sharing. I am more interested in sharing information with a wide range of interests. Compared with a single similar topic, more interests can be shared by more people. This also means more things to discuss and learn. Information sharing in different fields allows everyone to understand more things and create new interests.

A diverse PLN is the best way to expand inclusiveness. Try to cover more topics and fields in PLN, and provide more discussion opportunities for a diverse group of people. People of different ages, genders, beliefs, and regions can contribute to better inclusiveness. Everyone has the same goals and strives to make the individual meaningful. Different discussions and sharing can let everyone know their roles and responsibilities, and build meaningful connections with each other.

The result of my PLN learning is to honestly express all my views and make them public in the process. Listen carefully, learn, and discuss different perspectives from others. I will think about the same problem from more angles, not just confined to what I think, but integrating the excellent ideas of other people. Respect the ideas of others and broaden my thinking, this is the best manifestation of inclusion and diversity.

After reviewing the videos and readings, the biggest change in my view of inclusion and PLN is that inclusion is not only at the physical level, but more at the ideological level. Different things and interests can make people express different opinions. How to understand and accept different viewpoints is the most important thing. Now I am more interested in different opinions and voices. It’s a great thing to be able to listen to and respect everyone’s opinions. This means more opportunities for learning and improvement.

Resources:

https://ebookcentral-proquest-com.ezproxy.library.uvic.ca/lib/uvic/reader.action?docID=4832579&ppg=6

https://youtu.be/PQgXBhPh5Zo

Previous

BLOG POST #3

Next

BLOG#5

1. I was very pleased to discover this website. I want to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to look at new information on your web site.

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén